FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS THE CVPA?
The CVPA is the industry association established to represent the views of the childcare voucher providers industry and formulate best practice to ensure parents, carers and employers receive the highest standards of service.
WHO ARE THE MEMBERS?
Membership of the CVPA currently consists of:
Collectively, the members of the CVPA process over 80% of the transactions in the childcare voucher sector.
WHAT IS THE CODE OF PRACTICE?
The standards and procedures members of the CVPA will adhere to are set out in the Code of Practice. The Code of Practice has been devised to set out the minimum standards of expected of voucher providers and will act to drive best practice in the sector.
The Code of Practice also sets out what parents, employers and childcare providers can expect from members of the CVPA, highlighting the obligations voucher providers have to to ensure they receive a high quality efficient and effective service.
The Code of Practice also sets out the complaints procedure for the CVPA ensuring a means of recourse should members fail to comply with the appropriate standards.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR NURSERIES AND CHILDMINDERS?
- CVPA member companies will need to have an adequate fund protection policy in place to guarantee the secure delivery of funds to nurseries and childminders.
- Using a CVPA member company provides nurseries and childminders with a guaranteed payment for their services, ensuring financial resources reach the frontline and contribute to a diverse and sustainable range of high quality childcare provision.
WHY SHOULD EMPLOYERS SIGN UP TO EMPLOYER
SUPPORTED CHILDCARE WITH A CVPA MEMBER?
- The CVPA establishes self regulation of the childcare voucher industry, providing a benchmark in terms of quality of service employers can expect.
- For employers, using a CVPA member ensures the smooth running of the scheme and guarantees their employees receive a high quality and efficient service.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR PARENTS?
- For parents, using a CVPA member company provides them a secure source of childcare funding.
- The standards expected of CVPA member companies provide parents with a guarantee that their money goes directly to paying for childcare, ensuring that they have continued access to high quality care.
WHAT IS THE FEE STRUCTURE FOR MEMBERS?
The CVPA operates a flat fee structure of £3,000pa. Membership runs from January and fees are adjusted on a pro rata basis in the first year, depending on the point during the year a provider joins.
WHY PROVIDERS SHOULD JOIN THE CVPA?
The CVPA will work to establish and develop best practice principles within the childcare voucher providers industry. Formulating best practice will lead to the highest standards of service in areas such as the security of voucher funds, the integrity of data management and the appropriate handling of complaints.
HOW DO NEW MEMBERS JOIN?
Membership is open to all childcare voucher providers operating in the industry. Enquiries regarding membership applications should be sent to the CVPA via the contact details below.
HOW DO I CONTACT THE CVPA?
For all queries relating to the CVPA, along with any complaints, correspondence should be addressed to:
Childcare Voucher Providers Association
4 Victoria Square
Alternatively, you can contact the CVPA by email or by telephone:
T: 01625 664539
For press queries please email email@example.com or call Dean Duke on 020 7227 1643 / 07507 610508.